Thursday, March 8, 2018

Review: Fourth Debt by Pepper Winters

Title: Fourth Debt
Author: Pepper Winters
Series: Indebted #5

Publication: August 11th 2015
Genre: Dark Romance
Purchase Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository | Google Play | Kobo

Rating: 4/5

Fifth Book in the New York Times Bestselling Series.

"We'd won. We'd cut through the lies and treachery and promised an alliance that would free us both. But even as we won, we lost. We didn't see what was coming. We didn't know we had to plan a resurrection."

Nila Weaver fell in love. She gifted her entire soul to a man she believed was worthy. And in the process, she destroyed herself. Three debts paid, the fourth only days away. The Debt Inheritance has almost claimed another victim.

Jethro Hawk fell in love. He let down his walls to a woman he believed was his cure. For a moment, he was free. But then he paid the ultimate price.

There is no more love. Only war. Hope is dead. Now, there is only death all around them.

**Only suitable for Dark Romance lovers.
Full length book. Six in series. Fourth Debt is 85,000 words.


I'm glad I finally got around to reading the last few books in this series because I had kind of forgotten how much I love the Indebted books. Nila and Jethro won't ever beat my love for Tess and Q but they're coming pretty damn close. 

I feel like I can't really say a lot about this book, even though I really enjoyed it. First of all, I didn't stop to write my review right away but went straight to Final Debt after finishing. This might have been a mistake but I just couldn't wait. Second, because I felt like this was a prologue to everything that would happen in Final Debt, which blew my mind. It's hard not to say a lot of things that would spoil it for readers who might not have read this book but of course I will do my best.

Fourth Debt picks up right after Third Debt, obviously. You can say that the ending of Third Debt was pretty intense with Jethro and Kes being shot (presumably) to death. I really felt for Nila in this book because as she was dealing with her grieve as well as having almost no allies anymore at Hawksridge. And honestly, I never hated the Hawks as much as I did in this book. I could never really decide who I disliked more Bonnie or Daniel. Weirdly enough I have never been able to fully hate Cut, although he's a dispicable human being.

It's also been close to three years since I read the previous books. I got sidetracked by other books but even so I was right back into the world of the debt inheritance. And I gotta say this is probably one of Pepper's more cruel and dark books. The things that happen in these books... wow. I love it, though, in a sinister sort of way.

Overall, Fourth Debt by Pepper Winters was a really great read. I definitely enjoyed the book even though Nila and Jethro were apart for most of it. It was a great addition to the Indebted series. 




Author bio:
Pepper Winters is a multiple New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today International Bestseller.

After chasing her dreams to become a full-time writer, Pepper has earned recognition with awards for best Dark Romance, best BDSM Series, and best Hero. She’s an multiple #1 iBooks bestseller, along with #1 in Erotic Romance, Romantic Suspense, Contemporary, and Erotica Thriller. With 20 books currently published, she has hit the bestseller charts twenty-nine times in three years.

Pepper is a Hybrid Author of both Traditional and Self-published work. Her Pure Corruption Series was released by Grand Central, Hachette.

Her books have garnered foreign interest and are currently being translated into numerous languages, including already released titles in Italian and Turkish. Audio Books for her entire back-list will be available in 2017.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Goodreads


8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great time with this new instalment! I still have to start this series, but it's on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it took me three years to get back to this series. But I have so much love for it!

      Delete
  2. Why am I not surprised that you loved this one? Brilliant review, and I am glad you could get around to this one in the end ^.^ I remember you mentioning that you didn't get the chance to get to the last two books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all because when the book released I was on vacation and I kinda lost track from there. But I have read them all now. The other reviews are still coming. And I have read all books by Pepper now. *sobs*

      Delete
  3. I love it when all of the books in a series are incredible. Sometimes it takes me forever to complete a series as well. I am still working my way through TOG. I have yet to read a dark romance, but you have intrigued me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone with TOG, I'm only at book 3. Ooooh when you do read a dark romance you should start with Tears of Tess!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read anything by this author before but I'm glad you enjoyed it! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying this to people but if you plan on reading this author someday you should start with Tears of Tess. Still my favorite book by her. <3 ♥ <3

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥