Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: Never Never by Brianna R. Shrum

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
--




Never Never by Brianna R. Shrum
September 22nd 2015 by Spencer Hill Press

 
James Hook is a child who only wants to grow up.

When he meets Peter Pan, a boy who loves to pretend and is intent on never becoming a man, James decides he could try being a child—at least briefly. James joins Peter Pan on a holiday to Neverland, a place of adventure created by children’s dreams, but Neverland is not for the faint of heart. Soon James finds himself longing for home, determined that he is destined to be a man. But Peter refuses to take him back, leaving James trapped in a world just beyond the one he loves. A world where children are to never grow up.

But grow up he does.

And thus begins the epic adventure of a Lost Boy and a Pirate.

This story isn’t about Peter Pan; it’s about the boy whose life he stole. It’s about a man in a world that hates men. It’s about the feared Captain James Hook and his passionate quest to kill the Pan, an impossible feat in a magical land where everyone loves Peter Pan.

Except one.


       
I'm totally obsessed with anything about Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Neverland. So yeah... I just GOTTA read this. It sounds like a really great read!




What's your WOW pick of the week?
Leave me a link to your post so I can stop by!



14 comments:

  1. The synopsis makes me see Hook in a different light.
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the second time I've seen this book today! I'm super excited to read it, it sounds really interesting. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen that there are a lot of people waiting for this one, myself included. I hope we both love it. I am really enjoying this retelling craze that is happening right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely a book I'm looking forward too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this one the other day and was excited!! ( I don't get excited often haha) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be reading this one when it hits the shelves. Great pick! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a popular one today! I can't wait to read this one! Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely Team Hook. Pan is a creeper! This sounds like a perfect book and I can't wait to read it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally new to me and this sounds great! Thanks for sharing!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one does sound really good! I can't believe this is the first I've heard of it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seen this one around a little and I'm definitely interested! I like anything retelling like so on to my TBR it goes! Great Pick and Happy Reading! :)

    Erica @ Read It. Note It.
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds very intriguing, thanks for the heads up xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely adding this to my TBR!

    Renee'
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES, wonderful pick! I, too, love anything Peter Pan related! :D I love that this one is about Hook though. Excited :)
    Rosie Reads' WOW

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥